Many of us have longed to have a working arcade cabinet in our homes — but a combination of space and price often keep them out of reach.
But Ikea furniture hacker SIN Tchan created a working arcade cabinet using Ikea’s Micke desk, as well as other parts — and explains how you can build your very own.
Here’s what SIN recommends you use:
– MICKE desk $49.99
– Samsung monitor 24” hdmi with speakers $150
– Arcade stick motherboard $30 (type ”arcade stick pcb” on
– Buttons + joystick (brand Sanwa) $40
– Stainless steel panel $30
– Black stickers $15
– stool $50
– a xbox or playstation system
The arcade stick motherboard that SIN recommends can also be used with PCs, so if you want to load any arcade classics on a Windows PC, you can certainly make that work too.